Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good


Good ~ morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; having admirable, pleasing, superior, or positive qualities; not negative, bad or mediocre; beneficial

Again the definition itself is strongly convicting.  So many times I am satisfied with what I am doing. Satisfied to do a halfway job, satisfied to have the basics covered. I cannot be just an okay wife and mom. I need to not sit down and relax, but rather go above okay or mediocre and become excellent.  The definition of good also says "not negative".  How many times have I allowed negativity into my home or even BROUGHT it into my home? According to the Bible, I need to be only beneficial for my family.

I looked up verses for the word good, but the verse that stood out to me was actually one on virtuous.

"A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband:
but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones."
Proverbs 12:4

Am I a crown to my husband? Are my actions uplifting, encouraging and making my husband look {and do} better? Or am I destroying him with my nagging words, negativity, lack of trust? Am I rotting his bones? Lord, help me to be the best wife and mother I can be to my family and not to be satisfied with just doing a pretty good job. Help me to be positive and help me to be pleasing and admirable in the eyes of my husband and children.

This is not just an option.  God commands us in Titus 2 to be "good...that the word of God be not blasphemed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...