Wednesday, April 27, 2011

~To Love Their Own Husbands~

I took a break from posting the Titus 2 study while we were in Poland.  Now that we are home, I will start posting them again weekly.

When I first went in to this, I was thinking it might be kinda hard to find verses for "to love their own husbands"....but I was SO wrong. Using a concordance, I started looking up verses for the word love and was amazed at how much I have missed by not applying these verses in my relationship with my husband. I wrote down a million verses with many different ways to apply them, but the one that stood out to me the most was one of the first verses I read...
 ~ "He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends." Proverbs 17:9 ~

How many times have I brought back up something that he has done (which he can't even remember because it was so long ago)?

Other verses I read along those lines...
 ~ "Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins." Proverbs 10:12 ~
 Am I willing to cover up his sins or look past his faults?

~ "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, then a stalled ox and hatred therewith." Proverbs 15:17 ~
He'd rather come home to a meal of bread and have me doting on him, loving him, giggling with him...then to come home to a perfect home, huge meal and a nagging, tired wife.
~"Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams...He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to LOVE MERCY, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:7a,8 ~
The Lord has told us what to do. In Titus He says we are to learn these things (the things in verses 4,5) "that the word of God be not blasphemed."  Neither our husbands or the Lord will be pleased with me - no matter how much time in Bible study I spend or how much Bible I know - if I neglect to learn and do these things.

For those who missed it, here are the first two parts of the study:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...