Wednesday, May 11, 2011

~To be Discreet~


As I read though my study of Titus 2 I'm amazed at how much I miss sometimes by just reading through chapters.  This study has made me stop to seriously think and examine myself in light of God's Word.  It has been humbling how short I fall of being God's perfect woman. I've often wondered, if I was living during the time when Jesus was to be born, am I the type of woman He would have chosen to bear and raise HIS Son? I've always sadly had to admit no, but I pray that He will help me to become that woman.

God desires that I would be discreet ~ having or showing prudence and self-restraint in speech and behavior. Since their aren't many verses on discreet, I looked up the word prudent ~ careful about one's conduct. There were many good, convicting verses, but the main theme that stood out to me was that the prudent man knows which way he is heading.  

"A prudent man forseeth the evil, and hideth himself:
but the simple pass on, and are punished."
Proverbs 22:3 & Proverbs 27:12 

Proverbs 19:14 says "a prudent wife is from the Lord."

I cannot just let my children and my relationship with my husband just go with the flow, for that will only lead to trouble. I should always be searching and tending little weeds that may have grown up...weeds of rebellion -no matter how small- in the lives of my children...maybe a lack of communication between my husband and I, or being too busy to care for his needs like I should. Satan is always looking for a way to get in and can use the little rebellion in my children's lives against God. And here, there is always a woman on the hunt for my husband, who would be more than willing to shower him with the attention that he needs; and the immodesty here is more than most could even imagine.

In the books of Isaiah and Amos it talks about God punishing Israel by taking away their prudent men and as a result, they were under oppression and the children rose up proudly against their elders. It seems like in this day, prudence is lacking.  Most wives are under oppression, losing their marriages and raising disrespectful,arrogant children. I pray that God will not totally take away prudence and that He will help me carefully watch over the needs and direction of my family.

God commands us to be discreet "that the Word of God be not blashphemed".

Missed a study?

1 comment:

  1. Very good studies you are doing here. I am reading every one. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...