Friday, April 3, 2009

I Want to Be a Mary

February 24,2009
"But Martha was cumbered about much serving... And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:40a,41,42

Oh! How I desire to be like Mary! Sitting at the feet of Jesus and soaking in every word! But unfortunately, I think I am more like Martha. The need is SO great and the laborers SO few. Even if I spent every second of every day trying to reach these people with the Gospel and help them with their needs, I would still find the need overbearingly great. I long to sit and soak in His Word, but I find myself instead "cumbered about much serving." I know what Martha was thinking, "This is so important. It HAS to be done. It is for Jesus." I imagine she was a little jealous of Mary. Maybe she muttered under her breath, "Well, I'm glad at least one of us has a moment to sit down." That is when her service was no good. Oh, yes. It still fulfilled a need, but it was no longer true service. It was no longer a blessing to those receiving. She was missing one thing-the only thing needful- to know CHRIST MORE. How can we serve LIKE Christ and in HIS name if we don't KNOW HIM? Oh! I want to be a Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...