Friday, April 3, 2009

I Think I Want to Switch Jobs!




March 15,2009
I surrendered to be a missionary when I was younger, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind. Okay, let me start from the beginning.

It was a pretty typical Sunday. We got to church around 10 and were finishing up around 2pm when an older gentleman in our church began asking questions concerning salvation. Because the kids were so noisy, I took all of them out into the other room. On a normal day it might be fine, but the girls had already been there for four hours without naps. And then...there's MAX. Don't get me wrong, he's a good kid. He just tries your patience sometimes. Thirty minutes pass, the kids get a little more cranky. SO, we march around the room ten times singing "I'm in the Lord's Army." That eventually gets old, so we start sweeping the floors. Max gets the broom and Anna gets the dustpan. Next thing I know Lydia is crying in my arms, Anna crying on the floor where she landed, and Max sweeping up his pile telling Anna to stop crying. Max decided that Anna wasn't using the dustpan right. He tried to pull it from her hands, but she, being the little fighter that she is, wouldn't let go. She ended up on the floor still holding the dustpan. I decided it was time for Max to spend some time in "the chair". He decided it was time for me to have a Russian lesson and started correcting my Russian, drawing out certain letters (it's stoolllllll...something like that). I started feeling sorry for myself. I mean, I came over here to give people the gospel, not to have a little five year old start correcting my Russian as I'm disciplining him. I want to be out there on the front line, I didn't surrender for THIS...

Well, I'm now surrendered to serve where God puts me...but next time, I will have a BOX of activities. ;)


(Eric will be starting Bible Lessons with Vladimir starting this Sunday, following services. Please be praying for his salvation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...