Saturday, July 2, 2011

1 Year Younger

You didn't know that was possible did you?  But it's true.  This year on my birthday I turned 1 year younger.  I'm sure you're all dying to know my amazing turn-back-the-clock secret.  It is...just go around saying you're 1 year older than you are.  :) 


My sweet husband started treating me a week before my birthday.  He brought me out to lunch then searched all over to find me a new dress - the first I've had in 2 years, but you wouldn't feel that bad for me if you saw how nice our second hand store.  Prices for new clothing is usually ridiculous, but God allowed us to find one that was modest, will accomodate my growing belly and at a very good price.  I was pretty excited.  Then the day before my birthday he bought me roses and raspberries {one of my favoritest things in the world}.  Since my birthday was on a Wednesday, my actual birthday was pretty busy preparing for services.  Since Wednesday services are at our home right now, I usually prepare a meal and dessert.  {It is rude in their culture to have people into your home and not serve them something.}  I also made orange chiffon cake, which I was excited about since the last 2 times I made chiffon or angel food cake they fell out of the pan when I flipped them over-making them dense.  (I found out it was because I used that pan for my coffee cake and greased the pan.  This time it turned out fine because I soaked the pan in vinegar water.)  I was overwhelmed with how much they all did for me.  They gave me chocolates, lotions, shampoo/conditioner, Lina gave me her crockpot {an answer to prayer since mine broke}, and Vladamir Vonovich went out and picked that beautiful bouquet of wild flowers.  This year was definitely one of my best birthdays.  I also received more notes from everyone than I have ever gotten.  You all made my birthday a very special day.  Thank you very much.

Okay, now to answer the big question.  How old am I?  For months I've been telling people that I was 28. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! I am glad that you had such a special day. I like your baby countdown in the upper corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Are you 27?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...