Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a Difference 4 Years Can Make

Flying over the Ukrainian runway, I was shocked and appalled by what I was feeling and thinking.  All throughout deputation I wept as I thought of the many Ukrainians dying and going to hell; I dreamed and longed to be there...and now that that day was a reality, I wanted nothing more to return HOME...I HATED Ukraine.  All I wanted to do was lock myself in a room and weep, but I was not allowed that luxury.  I was thrust fully into a different culture, hoping that food I just bought really was what I thought it was, and even more preparing to give birth to our first child.  That was April 6, 2007.

Flying over Ukraine on April 22, 2011, I felt such peace and contentment.  I was home.  This is my home.  These are my people.  I then remembered my struggle over 4 years ago, and though there still are and will be struggles sometimes, I praise the Lord for the work He has done in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for the work He does in our hearts. I can relate to this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! You have been, and are, such an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, God is so good to work in our hearts when we seek to obey Him. I have enjoyed catching up with your blog--enjoyed all the pics and videos. With love and prayers, Donna K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessi,
    My name is Stephanie, and my husband and I have been missionaries in Mexico for the past 2.5 years. I just recently found your blog, and appreciated this post very much, being thankful that the Lord has been, and continues to work in my life too.
    Yours by His grace,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...