Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ukraine Update

We have been busy, but enjoying visiting with some old and new friends.  We have some pretty amazing supporting churches, but I'll share that with you later.  Right now, I wanted to ask your prayers for our little church in Ukraine, the White family and their upcoming VBS.  Joyce White emailed me and I thought I'd share some with you.  I pray that it will give you a greater desire to pray, not feel sorry for us. :)

We were out for about 3 hours yesterday passing out invitations for the Bible Camp.  I don't think I was truly prepared for the reaction that we got from most of the people.  The adults we were able to talk too said their children COULD NOT come to anything that had to do with us! (meaning the church)  Young children mocked and cursed us.  But some took the invitations and said they were interested.  In the 20 years of ministry in the former Soviet countries we have never experienced the hate of God's Word, His church, and His ministries as we do here.  Only God can break the hearts and open the blinded eyes of these people.  Pray earnestly, as we know you do, for us the next two weeks as we continue to give out invitations and  from Aug. 20 - 24 hopefully have a Bible Camp with children attending.  We are praying for 15 to 20 children to come.

 
Will you pray with us?  What a blessing it would be to see God work upon these stony hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...