Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Making Melody in Your Heart

Journal entry {a piece}:

October  15, 2011
How I want to live before my children:
"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"
Ephesians 5:19,20

With all of my heart, this is my desire and longing.  To bring to the Lord praises, thanking Him in ALL things and FOR ALL things.  I want there to be a continual melody in my heart to the Lord.  I long for the joy of the Lord to be visible to my children and everyone we meet that the Lord might receive honor and glory from my life.  Slowly the Lord has showed me different ways in which I can surround my family in His Word.  Even as I type, the sound of "psalms and hymns and spiritual songs" flows from the children's room; a picture with the verse "Be still, and know that I am God." hangs by my computer, and the girls' memory verse princesses are to the right of me, excitedly moving towards the awaiting castle tea party.  Many mornings now I awake (early, thanks to bathroom breaks)  and I cannot help but have a melody in my heart to the Lord as I both fell asleep and awoke surrounded by Him.  At the beginning of the year I picked a word goal - it was to build relationships with my Saviour, my husband, children...but I have found as the year has gone by that the Lord has gently been working in another area -that of song.  Over and over again He has reminded me of my need to sing and praise Him, thanking Him in ALL things and FOR all things.  I found that I had become so busy that I could no longer sing.  My service for the Lord, my family, and those I love here was of no good and stunk without a melody in my heart.  The importance of surrounding ourselves with God's Word and godly music cannot be understated.

I pray this is a blessing to you.  These verses have been on my heart just waiting to be shared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...