Wednesday, August 24, 2011

22 Weeks & Date Day

Sunday as we were rushing out to church, Eric took a picture of me at about 22 weeks pregnant.  It didn't come out as well as I would have liked {I wanted my belly to be more visible}.  With most of my clothes you still can't tell I'm pregnant...Of course, I've graduated to looser fitting clothes making this possible.

Because I really wanted a good belly picture, Eric helped me get another shot on Tuesday when we went out for a date.  This one shows our little guy much better. :)   {Dad and Mom Curtis : Notice the halo of light above my head in both pictures?  I guess we know who the angel is in the family. :)}

While we were waiting for the marshootka, I took a few pictures of the main road passing by our village.  Up ahead is a little magazine (store) selling almost everything you would need.  Of course, they don't sell produce since everyone here has massive gardens.  On the left side is a truck that comes every day with fresh watermelons.  Mmmm.  Behind it is the cemetery.  I have wanted to get a picture of that for you as it is truly an example of the blindness of the people.  Tables set up (some wood, some elaborately designed cement) around most of the graves where people go to "eat" with their deceased loved ones on certain holidays and icons on every grave.  Past the cemetery is the train stop.   

This is the road that we took towards Kharkov for our date.  I love the little homestyle-motorcycles that they drive and wish I had had my camera ready to get a closer picture for you.  Some of them have a little seat for another passenger, but this one had a homemade wooden cart attached to the right side.  This is definitely a traditional-Ukrainian sight...at least in the villages.

I didn't manage to get any other pictures...was too busy relaxing and enjoying the day with my husband.

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of your little one. I was a little worried when I saw the first one because I look bigger than that now and I am only 18 weeks along! Seth was 9 and 1/2 lbs when he was born, and I'm hoping this one will be smaller, but I feel I am getting bigger faster than I did with Seth. Don't know what to think! Your second picture I could see the baby better though! I'm also planning to post baby pictures this week or next. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all your pictures that you put up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, well congrats!! What a blessing. You do look radiant and that halo doesn't hurt either. :0)

    Glad you had a great day, Monday's our date night, at least when we're home (Croatia), can't wait to get back.

    Loved the view of your Jerusalem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so behind in catching up on my favorite blogs! (still no phone or internet for us :o( I didn't realize you were pregnant! Yay! Congrats!! Love your cute pics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...