Friday, June 11, 2010

They Don't Like Me

Friday is our evangelism day and this Friday I almost didn't go because I was tired, HOT, nauseous, dealing with swollen feet and have less than three weeks to go until the baby is due. I decided to go anyways because I know that after the baby is born it might be a little while before I am able to go again. I am SO glad I did. Anna, Lydia and I found a shady spot then I started handing out tracts. Before long, Anna was doing it too. After a few people took them from her she started to get more bold and walk right out in front of people. She was usually holding a tract out for someone before we could even see anyone coming. The first few times someone took one from her she would light up and say "They like me." If someone wouldn't take it from her (which happened quite a bit), she looked distressed. It was cute, funny and sad. Even though we adults don't outwardly react the same way she did, many times we too take it personally when people don't want to hear about salvation and many adults stop going soul-winning after having one door shut on them. When Eric finished passing out his tracts and came over, I grabbed his phone and took a few pictures. In the last one, he's trying to explain why some people didn't want a tract...though I can't possibly see how anyone could say no to such a cutie.














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...