Monday, February 1, 2010

"From the Heart of Mexico"


I came across a blog the other day that was such a blessing and encouragement to me that I can't help but share it with you. From the Heart of Mexico is by Mrs. Billie Sloan who has been serving as a missionary in Mexico for 49 years. That alone makes her blog worth looking at, but it also touched me that all 8 of her children are missionaries!

In her blog she shared a great burden of hers (and I believe one of every missionary), entitled Epidemic, and it is not the H1N1 epidemic that she is concerned about.

Though her article is mostly directed towards missionaries who have left the field, I believe the epidemic also includes those who have been called but never make it to the field. The problem still remains... “…The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;” Matthew 9:37




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for posting this, Jessica! God has been so good in allowing this amazing woman to be my mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...