Saturday, December 15, 2012

A White Christmas

The common question asked lately in our house is, "Is it Christmas yet?"  When I reply, "No," Anna, matter-of-factly states, "Because we don't have snow yet."  Well, that changed Wednesday night.  We woke up Thursday morning to about 4-6 inches of snow.  My meeting at the school was rescheduled to next Thursday since the roads aren't plowed and no one wanted to take the chance trying to get into the village.  The kids were thrilled because that meant they got to go play in the snow.

Sammy got to was excited to try on the snowsuit Mimi gave him, and was even happier when he found out that it had pockets!
He walked around like he was the coolest guy ever.  Hehe.  Eric and I were dying laughing.


Tuesday night, we finally decided to get a Christmas tree.  And it is fake...I know, I said I'd NEVER do a fake tree.  I just love the smell of the real thing, but they don't start selling them until a couple days before Christmas.  The kids loved decorating it!

Sammy put about 3 bulbs on the same branch. ;)
The finished tree...almost.  We were working on popcorn garlands, but most of our popcorn disappeared.

1 comment:

  1. Sammy is the cutest little boy!!!! Love the expression on his face!

    I'm with you on the fake trees, especially coming from Maine! But, that's all we've had since coming to the Mission Field. I save balsam candles from year to year... not as good as the real thing, but better than no evergreen smell at all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...