Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Have a Mansion

...and not just over the hilltop. 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go and see the church.  I was so excited and took many pictures and another video.  The property is very large and I am dreaming of VBS's and other church activites.  While I was there, the former owner asked us to come in for coffee.  I do not like coffee, not even in the least bit (well, maybe the smell and maybe a "fake" flavored you-can't-tell-it's-coffee once in a great while) so Eric asked that I be "excused" from drinking it.  They ended up bringing me one anyways saying that surely I would love Armenian coffee.  So, here I was sipping on a cup of the strongest coffee known to mankind (at least 1/3 of the cup was just coffee grinds!), and even though that was enough to occupy my mind, my thoughts were on the place they had been calling "home".  It had an entryway, something they called a kitchen - both very tiny - then one room the couple and their son were living in.  It was clean, warm and as orderly as a small, crowded space can get and the room they were living in had a piece of carpet wall to wall, but was definitely in need of repair.  I was tempted to try to get a picture, but thought it might be impolite.  When the owner asked about coming over to our house for coffee, I was embarrassed thinking about my home in comparison.  God has definitely blessed me with a beautiful mansion.

Here are some of the pictures I took.

The big house we will be using for the church with the little house the owners lived in behind it.

The property behind the houses.

The big house and the little house from behind.

A walk through the big house.

He wanted his picture taken too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...