Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Married to the devil

...or so that is what one lady said. 

While Eric was passing out tracts on Monday at a subway stop, an older lady started yelling at him, calling him the devil and saying, "Go home, non-Russian!"  She then proceeded to "loudly advise" any passer-by-ers not to take his tracts because he was a "satanist" and a "foreigner".  The funny thing is, that only made people more interested in taking his tracts!  Not only did that lady draw quite a bit of attention, but the tract itself was an attention grabber.  On the front was a picture of Jesus on the cross and it said "He did this for you".  Some people when they saw this said things like "awful" or "terrible".  To this, Eric would reply, "Yes it is, but He did it for you."  When Eric was talking to one lady about salvation, she said that her salvation was in the cross she was wearing.  Eric told her that she wouldn't find that in the Bible.  Her response?  Yes she would!  Eric told her, "Read the Bible and look.  You won't find that it says that anywhere."  Overall, even though he said that he had quite a few people who responded negatively, he also had many who promised that they would read the tract.

Though I didn't get to go with him this time, I always love hearing and watching him witness, especially in Russian.  When I can't go, I enjoy listening to him tell about those that he meets.  His boldness always encourages me to do more.  The more Russian he knows, the more he doesn't let people get by without hearing some of the gospel, even if they won't take his tract. 

Please pray for us as we seek to tell people about salvation through Jesus Christ.  As you walk down the streets or sit in the subway, you can see the hopelessness and discouragement on their faces.  They are looking for something-someone to fill the void that only Jesus can fill.

Pray for Eric "And for me, that utterance may be given unto me (and Eric), that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."
Ephesians 6:19,20

1 comment:

  1. May the boldness of Paul be ours through Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...