Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Me....Plus Three

Let me start by saying that I have really enjoyed all of your emails. They always seem to come just when I need some encouragment. Thank you so much for your prayers. I have not been half as exhausted as I was and have been able to accomplish a lot more lately...which is good because LESS THEN 6 WEEKS before our little man gets here! (Hopefully, anyways. I start contractions at about 5 months and they have been a little stronger this time so not too excited about going past the due date.)

Many of you have asked how my doctor's visit went. It was probably the best visit I've had yet....probably because the doctor wasn't there so I saw the midwife. She is much sweeter...except for the fact that she told me I was getting too fat. Usually I can just smile and go on because I know that there are pregnant women much bigger than me (I've gained about 22 lbs so far - their scale said 26 but it's an old scale), but I'm starting to get a complex. I even considered putting down the sunflower seeds. I go back on Monday to have some more blood drawn and see the doctor. After that I'm not sure when I will see her again because the hospital is closed the whole month of June. (This is a yearly thing that every hospital - at least maternity- hopistal does.) If a woman has a baby during that time she will go to a hospital in Kharkov. I'm not sure what they do about visits, but I'm sure they will tell me.


We found a dentist office in Kharkov which seemed very nice and up-to-date. Each dentist chair had its own room. The last one I went to was just one big room with all the dentists working in the same room. We were hoping that I could finally get my 3 year old toothache resolved, but they can't do anything until after pregnancy. At least we met the dentist and saw the office. The only thing that would make it better is if I didn't have to go with a translator. It's so frustrating to not be able to understand on your own what is going on and always have a whole crew with you. (For my first doctor's visit I came with 3 other people - Eric, Lina and Yuri (taxi). Talk about drawing attention to yourself.)


Eric made everything better by taking me out for McDonald's afterwards. Then he bought me two climbing rose plants, a cute blankie for the baby and an adorable little hat for him...the baby, thought I might need to clarify. I have the sweetest man in the world! I am so thankful that he can put up with this pregnant woman even though he is never lacking in work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...