Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beautiful Dandelions



To some, it's just an ugly weed. But to me, the dandelion has always represented simple beauty, childhood innocence and now open doors.


The weather here has been absolutely beautiful and we have spent almost every minute outside enjoying it...and so have our neighbors. Still, between my extreme shyness and poor Russian, I have barely gotten past the neighborly "hi".


It started with one little dandelion bouquet the neighbor girl gave Anna...which led to a FULL jar and then some. Next thing I know, we are in the neighbor's yard and Anna and Nastia (the neighbor's daughter) are calling each other sisters while the mom and I talk. What a blessing it is to have kids! Pray for us as we try to meet and reach our neighbors. Pray especially for me. It takes a lot for me to speak to people even in English, much less in a different language (unless I know the person will be patient with my mistakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...