Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Every Wise Woman Buildeth Her House"

Tonight as Eric was scrolling through my blog, he started laughing. He found my titles...or more the order of them...amusing. "Are you really going to eat that?" then "Better than Egg Salad". Guess I need to think about my titles a little bit more before posting them.

The services today went very well, except for the fact that Lina was home sick. (She usually shows up no matter what, so we know she's REALLY sick if she's not there.) Elena was able to come today and also Tamara's mom, Baba (baboushka - grandma) Shora! We were very excited that Baba Shora came as she has been one of our biggest village opponants. (She is a big reason that Feodosia stopped coming, wouldn't take Bible lessons any more, and gave her Bible back.) It sounds like she is planning on coming next week too and bringing two more baboushkas with her! Praise the Lord! Please be praying for her.

It has been an exciting time in our ministry as we have seen the Lord working upon the lives of those we have been praying for and to see the church growing in size. At the same time, this has brought to my attention how unlovely, selfish, hypocritical ... my heart is. As the church has grown in size, so have the responsibilities. Many times Eric leaves just after the girls wake up and doesn't return until close to their bedtime. People call early in the morning and late at night - all with 'urgent' problems. My selfish self wants to pout and say, "You don't love us anymore. Everyone else is more important. You do more for everyone else than us." I constantly need to quote Philippians 4:8 "Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." The more we see God work in this ministry, the more Satan wants to see it fail...and what better way than through the missionary's wife? The Bible is full of wives who turned their husbands astray. I pray that will never be my testimony. I praise the Lord that He has helped me to be supportive of my husband so far. I ask that you will pray for me in this area that I will continue to be my husband's help meet, encouraging him as He serves God in whatever area God opens up and also providing a peaceful, happy home for whenever God allows for him to be home.

2 comments:

  1. Let's pray for each other... I've been asking the Lord to help me with my spirit, lately, too. For me it's especially in the childrearing department.
    So convicting to hear my 5 yr old singing "keep your sunny side up, up, up..." knowing that I'm not!
    I told Keith I'm so thankful to see Phil. 4:8 on your blog, as it always encourages me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are frequently on my mind and prayers...even if I'm terrible at keeping in contact. I don't think you know how much God has used you in my life. Thank you!
    "Out of the mouth of babes" :) It's amazing how much we can learn from our children!
    Whenever I'm having a hard time, I always quote that verse to keep my mind where it needs to be...then I quote Prov. 31:26 to keep my mouth in order. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...