Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Night Bible Study

We had a good group out tonight for the village Bible study...11 people not counting our girls! How exciting it has been to see that group grow! Vladimir came with us tonight and Elena's son Evan, both of whom are not saved. Eric has continued to do lessons with Vladimir on Sundays and Evan came for a few Thursday studies while I was in America. We are praying that God will work upon their hearts to bring them to salvation.

Tonight was also my first time since coming back home that I have been in a Ukrainian home. How humbling! As you know, we have been working on our home to fix it up. Eric has taken me out a few times to pick out colors for things since I've been home and I have been a little finicky. I woke up this morning kicking myself for letting the paint lady "help" pick out my paint colors. (Okay, she didn't really help. Just told me "No, you can't do that color there. Try this one." Anyways, that's besides the point.) After seeing there home though, I am again shocked out of the American way of life. I feel unworthy of all that God has given to me. How easily we - I get distracted! What more can I say? Lord, help me keep my focus on YOU.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus teh author and finisher of our faith: who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...