Sunday, January 1, 2012

God's Perfect Timing

What to write?  I wish I could excitedly announce the birth of our baby boy and show you his adorable pictures, but I guess he has decided to fatten up a little more...and he's doing a pretty good job of it.  I feel HUGE and am VERY ready for him to come.  I've thought he was coming on more than one occasion.  Especially last Sunday night.  We even started timing the contractions and they were 60 seconds long and 3-4 minutes apart.  We almost called the midwife, but decided to wait an hour and by then they had become irregular.  Talk about being disappointed.  Almost 1 week later and he is still not here!  He will be the first one who has come late, already proving that every child is different. 

God's timing is perfect, but in times like these it is hard to wait.  Thanks for your prayers and notes!


7 comments:

  1. I've been praying for you, but I didn't want to write "have you had the baby yet?" because that always bothers me so much. :-) Thanks for letting us know that you're still waiting. I'll keep praying. It won't be long now... can't be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying and anxiously awaiting your happy news...

    Just think... when he is born he'll be all chubby-cute, ready for all those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Jess.
    My new little guy was late, too, which I was not prepared for emotionally! So glad your family is all together, and everything is prepared for another beautiful homebirth. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you and baby!!!
    i can't wait to see how cute he is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you love. These days are so hard. Just remember that every contraction is doing something, whether it is just to turn the baby or prepare your body in some small way. And be sure to drink enough. Dehydration causes fruitless contractions. Been there, done that. God is faithful, and yes, His timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you! It won't be long and your sweet little one will be here :) and all that waiting will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jessica, I've been there. It is not easy to wait patiently for a little one's arrival! I'm praying he makes his appearance soon :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...