Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More than Maple Syrup Waffles

Almost time for lift off!  My sister is going to bed now and I am just starting my day, but we will be heading out around the same time.  She will begin her flight by flying from California to New York, then straight to Kiev - where she'll meet up with us.  We will start by taking a taxi to the train station (about 1 hour), then take the train for about 8 or so hours, then another hour taxi ride to the airport.  We will get there about the same time she does at 11:30 AM our time.  Then we get to do it all over again...though we will have to hang out at the Kiev train station until our train leaves at midnight.  Usually, I totally and completely dread this trip...but this time I have more to look forward to then just some maple syrup waffles and maybe a trip to TGIF restaurant. :)

The girls are anxious and excited too and have been helping me get ready...



It's been hard keeping the house in order lately.  It seems like as soon as I get it in order we either do some other remodeling project (like install a heating system or put a door on the bathroom...which the girls think is the greatest thing.  The heating system is nice and we are always sitting up against the heaters or putting our cold feet on them.) then the whole place is in disorder again.  Right now I have a stack of books that we brought from the garage I need to organize.  But it's not all disorder.  Eric just bought me a beautiful new 'closet' to put my clothes in!  They don't have closets in home here so ever since we have been here we have been living out of baskets, which does not help order any.  It wasn't in our plans, but we walked into the store and there it was...almost half the price of everything else we had seen and way more beautiful!  It even has a few drawers on the bottom!  I LOVE IT and am SO excited about the order it has brought to at least two rooms in the house. ;)  The first picture is a little crooked, but thought you'd like to see the whole entry room...so nice now that Eric's office is upstairs!  The curtains were a bargain too...about 5 dollars at our second hand store.  I almost left them because they aren't really my colors, but couldn't because of the price...and SO much better than just sheets on the window!  I think they go beautifully in that room. 



Well, time for me to go and, as Anna would say, "Let's organize!"  (Her most used word at the moment...guess you can see what I like to do. haha...You wouldn't be able to tell she's done any organizing lately, though the way her room looks!)

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful cupboard! We have the old cupboards here in our house, but Chris sanded and stained them and they look a million times better! And they are much nicer than baskets for "oraganizing" LOL

    I like the curtains too! :-)

    Have fun with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the closet! Very pretty! So excited you sister gets to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Closet Jessica! and the curtains are cozy looking. Also love the new look of the blog. Have a great time with your sis.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...