Saturday, November 7, 2009

JUST the Cook and Babysitter

The past few weeks have been exciting and exhausting. Now that we are living in the village, it seems like we have visitors almost every day. It has been a struggle to keep cookies or cake prepared (you can't be Ukrainian if you don't provide for your guests). The house is still not completely in order but it will probably be an ongoing process. What a blessing it is to know that whether everything is just right or not God is already using this home to win the lost! We were so excited when Tamara came and received Christ as her Saviour! While Eric was talking to her my job was to cook muffins, then the meal, while keeping the kids out of the living room (besides making sure that the house stays in "guest receiving" order, which is more difficult than I thought in a small house). Even though I was praying for her, Eric, and Lina the whole time, my old flesh of envy still kicked in. You would have thought that I would have been too busy for that, but alas it snuck up on me. For a second, I was wishing that I could be the one on the front line talking with people about the Bible. My flesh taunted me saying that I was there to be a missionary and instead Eric gets to do all the witnessing while I'm "stuck" watching kids and preparing food. BUT without my willingness to do all of this and if our home was in disorder with bratty kids, I know that my husband would not feel comfortable having people over. God has also recently immediately answered many of my "small" prayers, bringing to mind again the importance of prayer, showing me how I can always be part of my husband's ministry. I pray that I will never forget the importance of being a wife, mother, homemaker, prayer warrior and given to hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...