Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Christ's Blood Alone

"Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Romans 3:24,25

"Through faith in His blood..." Just reading through verses in the Bible, my heart is just overflowing with thankfulness and excitement over HIS BLOOD. I just cannot comprehend why someone could say that salvation "has nothing to do with the blood." My heart just wants to cry at the blasphemy against the blood of Christ. Yet there are so many people who would rather choose to believe in their good works than to believe in the blood! That is why Tatiana is not attending church anymore.

A few weeks ago, I approached her about her salvation. I just asked her what she was trusting in. During a trip to Israel years ago, she met a group that told her in order to be saved she had to attend their "church" for 40 days, then be baptized in the Jordan River. She believes that is what will allow her to go to heaven. Lina and I lovingly tried to point her to what the BIBLE says, but she closed her eyes and ears. We asked her again to do Bible lessons with us and she said, "Why do I need to? I am already saved." She was very friendly when she left, but has since hardened her heart and does not want to even talk to us. Please pray for her and the many others who are believing in something THEY'VE done instead of the BLOOD OF CHRIST. I just cannot understand how someone can believe that Christ died and yet that it means nothing and does nothing for us.

Praise the Lord that I am saved by His Blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...